Terms and Conditions
You are not required to provide any personal information to visit the High Tech Forum website. The personal information High Tech Forum collects about you is that which you voluntarily provide, such as your name and email address, if you sign up to be a part of High Tech Forum’s email list and to receive High Tech Forum’s alerts and updates. High Tech Forum may also collect additional information about you when you visit certain features on the site or certain pages of our partners when you interact with offers and advertisements, when you contact us for support, or when you log into the Services with your account.
High Tech Forum will not share, sell, trade, disclose or rent your personal information without your consent.
High Tech Forum does collect forms of non-personal information.
- The type of domain from which you accessed the Internet
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The IP address from which you accessed the site
- The type of browser software used to view the site. This information does not contain information about a specific individual. High Tech Forum does not track a particular individual’s use of the site. Users remain anonymous unless they specifically provide personal information.
High Tech Forum uses this information to help provide better services to you, to gather certain demographic information and to provide information about any advertisements featured or presented on the site.
High Tech Forum reserves the right and you expressly authorize us to share any information we have about you:
(1) in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
(2) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property;
(3) to investigate, prevent, or take action against voluminous spamming, service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of information on the site; and
(4) if we are acquired by or merge with another entity.
Our site may contain links to other Internet web sites, and High Tech Forum is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked websites.
High Tech Forum reserves the right to change the terms of this policy at any time without any prior notice to you.
If you have questions about this privacy statement, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
We invite you to submit comments on our website. In order to keep this forum enjoyable and interesting, we require that you comply with the mandatory rules set forth herein.
- You agree not to submit inappropriate content, including but not limited to anything that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- rights of any person, association, business of other lawful organization
- is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any law
- advocates illegal or violent acts
- purposefully degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, or disability
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass
- contains advertising or solicitation of any kind
- is fraudulent or deceitful regarding who you are or whom you might represent
- contains spyware, malware, software viruses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment
- High Tech Forum does not represent, warrant, guaranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of the content of any user posting. You acknowledge and accept that any use or reliance by you upon the information you obtain through any posting on the High Tech Forum site is made at your own risk.
- For any content that you submit, you expressly grant High Tech Forum an irrevocable and perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, and display such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
High Tech Forum reserves the exclusive right to remove or permanently delete any content from the site without notice. High Tech Forum also reserves the exclusive right to terminate or restrict your access to a service if your use may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this policy. If High Tech Forum becomes aware of any breach of this policy or the foregoing rules High Tech Forum will investigate and may work with law enforcement authorities in such investigations and for the purpose of prosecuting offenders.
We may provide links to third party websites or resources on the site. You acknowledge and agree that High Tech Forum is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such third party sites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. You agree that High Tech Forum does not endorse, High Tech Forum is not responsible for, and High Tech Forum does not control those websites, services and software.
High Tech Forum disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to content provided by third parties including third party content and content on third party links, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 should provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If we determine that we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 18 years without that child’s parental consent, we will delete that information.
DMCA Takedown Notice
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”), notifications of claimed copyright infringement by third parties should be sent to this Site’s Designated Agent. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed under U.S. copyright law and is accessible on the Site, please notify us by contacting our Designated Agent firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you believe that the alleged infringing work was not posted by a third party, please send all notifications of claimed copyright infringement to Site’s Designated Agent.
To be effective under the DMCA, notification of claims of copyright infringement by third parties must be a written communication to Site’s Designated Agent that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Site to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Site to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.